Saturday, July 19, 2014

astro picture for the day


Image credit, ESO/Digitized Sky Survey 2/Davide De Martin

Science/tech news extra,

Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy



Flight design keeps advancing.  One could imagine solar powered propellers as well.  And then, imagine 3d printing one of these?

Well, I'm finding all kinds of exciting futuristic aerospace videos! New 3-Story "Sky Whale" Design for Future Airplanes

Strange & Extreme Airplanes (Aeroplanes) I thought I'd show some of the past creativity as well.

An weird idea of mine that isn't about airplanes, but because of the nuclear powered bomber mentioned in the 'strange and extreme airplanes' link above, I thought I'd mention this. A year or two ago, I thought of making a hugh tank.  A tank the size of a luxery boat, or the largest private boats you see.  How to move it?  Make it nuclear powered just like nuclear powered submarines.  I'm actually surprised no militaries in the world have ever thought of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment