Saturday, August 20, 2016

astro picture for the day/ thanks James Burke




Image Credit: Hubble Legacy Archive, NASA, ESA; Processing & Copyright: Jose Jimenez Priego




It's one thing "to say" that there is no objective view, that all views are 'just different', but when one view says "she's thanking us for burning her/ we don't learn because there is no change(the Buddhist monks at Mt Everest)", and the other says "nothing is sacred including what I say(Carl Sagan quote; essentially what science says). . . . Buddhism supposedly says "believe nothing on hearsay. Do not believe in traditions because they are old, or in anything on the mere authority of myself or any other teacher"; but, as we've seen in this video, Buddhism has no set scripture.


I've noted before about some of his connections.  I pointed out how in the mechanical universe, King George of England was noted as preferring round knobs on top of lightning rods over sharp points is why we have round knobs, and for no other real reason.  And that, some of James Burke's connections are of this type.  Others are as I've described in my generalization of Jacob Bronowski's findings of the nature/origin of mathematical knowledge.  For this, I have to thank James Burke for his great works!

No comments:

Post a Comment