Sunday, April 27, 2014

astro picture for the day



Image Credit: Hubble Legacy Archive, ESA, NASA; Processing - Martin Pugh

- Science/Technology extra,

Superconducting Qubit Array Points the Way to Quantum Computers - See more at: http://www.news.ucsb.edu/2014/014074/superconducting-qubit-array-points-way-quantum-computers#sthash.R175ooNW.dpuf . There's been all kinds of quantum computer advances reported since the last time I reported quantum computer advances. This one has D-Wave enthusiasts thinking that D-Wave's modern day 'Eniac' could be obsolete sooner than they thought!

Found this video that was posted a year ago; so, you know they're that much further along!


This is the best quantum computing talk I've seen yet!

There's also dna-nanotech advances as well. It's been almost a month; I haven't heard yea or nay; so, I'll not mention the idea here yet.  I'll say this much; I know one guy who refused to work on Dna-nanotechnology ever again, saying it will never be able to bootstrap to a more robust nanomanufacturing system.  He's the one going to work on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment